Grand Rapids Christian Schools offer many students the convenience of bus transportation to each of our school locations. Our drivers safely transport over 500 students to and from school each day and provide transportation to field trips, athletic events, camps and more. Our fleet of 15 buses is maintained in top condition and continually receives highest ratings from state inspectors.
Bus transportation is generally available to students who live more than one mile from their school. Routes are determined by the number and location of students requiring busing each year. To maximize efficiency and minimize the amount of time students must spend on the bus, families are divided into regions and pick-ups are scheduled accordingly. Approximate boundaries for each region are as follows:
- West Region: 3 Mile (N) and O’Brien (S) / Wilson (W) and US 131(E)
- North Region: Belding (N) and Fulton (S) / Monroe Ave. (W) and Pettis (E)
- East Central Region: Fulton (N) and 28th (S) / Division (W) and Buttrick (E)
- South Region: 28th (N) and 68th (S) / Division (W) and East Paris (E)
- Rockford Christian: 14 Mile (N) and Belding (S) / Pine Island (W) and Lincoln Lake (E)
The fee for bus transportation is $750 per family/per year. This fee applies only to families using GRCS transportation and offsets approximately 49% of the total cost of GRCS transportation expenses. For families who need to use GRCS transportation only a few times a year, try Eagle Shuttle.
Contact June DeGraaf at 616.574.5710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss transportation options for your child(ren).
The Transportation Department provides a list of bus rules to families upon sign up. For the safety of all riders, bus rules are strictly enforced.