Ways to Give
There are many ways to make a gift to Grand Rapids Christian Schools.
- Cash. You can make a one-time gift or pledge your gift over a period of time. Gifts by check and credit card are greatly appreciated, and can be sent to 1508 Alexander SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.
- Stock, bonds, and other securities. If you own stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or other securities, please consider using them to make your gift. Giving gifts of appreciated assets can provide you with maximum tax savings versus other forms of giving.
- Other types of gifts. Grand Rapids Christian Schools is familiar with handling non-publicly traded securities, real estate, and other assets used in charitable giving. If you would like to make a special type of gift, we will be happy to help you do so in a professional, timely manner.
- Give On-Line. Using our partnership with Network for Good you can know that your donation information will be protected and secure.
Planned and deferred gifts
- Will or Trust. The simplest way to make a gift is to name Grand Rapids Christian Schools in your will or trust.
- Beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), life insurance, or other qualified plan. Designate Grand Rapids Christian Schools as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift Annuity. This is a popular way to receive income for life while making an immediate, significant gift to Grand Rapids Christian Schools.
- Charitable gifts from Individual Retirement Account (IRA) funds - Congress has recently taken important steps to strengthen America's retirement system while also encouraging additional charitable giving. The Pension Protection Act of 2006 may offer you new opportunities for tax-free charitable giving. Of special note, the new law includes incentives for those 70 1/2 years of age and older who would like to make charitable gifts from potentially taxable Individual Retirement Account (IRA) funds.
- Real Estate. Make a gift of your home, farmland, vacation property, or business property, and retain the use of the property for the remainder of your life.
- Other. For additional information on how to provide a gift of any amount, please feel free to contact the development office at 616.574.6020.
All gifts to Grand Rapids Christian Schools or to the Foundation are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
If you have any questions about your gift, or if you simply would like more information about Grand Rapids Christian Schools or the Foundation, please contact Lon Swartzentruber, Chief Advancement Officer, at 616.574.6020 or email@example.com.
All conversations will be considered confidential.