Students at Grand Rapids Christian Schools are challenged to ask deep questions, examine real problems and sharpen their thinking as they learn in faith. At all grade levels, they find:
- A strong spirit of family
- A culture of high expectations
- Opportunities to excel
- Experiences to explore
Foundation of faith
We integrate faith and learning in every subject so children learn to see God at work and to apply Christian principles in all areas of their lives. Students are taught that the world belongs to God, and their place in this world is important.
Tradition of excellence
Students at all grade levels have a comprehensive, challenging curriculum, led by dedicated Christian teachers who are experts in their fields and passionate about their subjects.
- Students’ average ACT score is 23.5.
- 94% of GRCHS graduates go on to college.
- Nearly $1 million in college academic scholarships was awarded to more than 200 graduating seniors.
Concern for community
Community-building activities are part of the curriculum for all students, just a few examples include:
- Elementary students collect food for low-incoming families for the Kids Food Basket project.
- Middle-school students provide financial Hope for Haiti.
- High schoolers do an annual John Zoerhoff Senior Service Day, where Christian High students volunteer at area nonprofit organizations serving others.
The goal is always to give students a chance to live the GRCS mission of preparing to be effective servants of Christ
Legacy of success
The results of all this?
Happy kids, grounded in faith. High academic achievement. Impressive college admissions. Connected alumni network. And, ultimately, successful people whose lives are rich with meaning