POSITION TITLE: GRCHS 2nd Shift Custodian
CONTRACT/STATUS: Full-time school-year, hourly
HOURS: Monday-Friday, second-shift or as otherwise required by job requirements
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager, 2nd Shift Supervisor
COORDINATES WITH: Dean of Students
Working in cooperation with the high school custodial staﬀ, the custodian will complete all assigned tasks in designated portions of the building and as requested. The Second-shift Custodian will interact with students and staﬀ in a positive, servant-like manner and with members of the community/guests of the building in order to assure high quality of services are delivered with a pleasant attitude.
- Ability to layout and organize work with minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to dust, mop, sweep, damp and wet mop, hard and resilient ﬂoors, and vacuum.
- Clean stairs, hallways, corridors, walls, outside steps, windowsills, and other designated areas.
- Clean venetian blinds, radiators, grills, intake and exhaust vents, light ﬁxtures and handrails.
- Clean restrooms, ﬁxtures, mirrors, and replenish soap and paper goods.
- Ability to set up and break down tables, chairs, equipment for scheduled meetings.
- Responsible for care, maintenance, safety, and protection of all mechanical equipment and/or all aspects related to the functions of building and ground maintenance.
- Maintenance skills in all areas of school mechanicals.
- Able to work well with students and adults while completing custodial tasks.
- Views him or herself as a member of a team.
- Ability to lift up 80 pounds and move equipment/furnishings to perform required tasks.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrates Christian character in all aspects of the job.
- Recognizes personal role in establishing positive relationships with members of the community and building guests.
- Manage time wisely, initiate duties that are needed to accomplish all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates ﬂexibility and ability to be on call if needed.
- Displays and maintains satisfactory work attendance. Display and maintain minimum absenteeism.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of maintaining equipment.
- Must be able to pick up, lift and dump receptacles/containers into dumpsters that are at a minimum of 4.5 feet above ground level.
- Knowledge of ﬂoor ﬁnishes (wood, terrazzo, soft and hard tile.)
- Knowledge of general safety and security practices as related to personal, facility, and equipment protection.
- Dresses appropriately while at work and upholds GRCS appearance standards.
The 2nd shift custodian is a/an:
- Servant leader
- Self-directed achiever
- Committed Christian
- Service-oriented worker
- Eﬀective communicator
- Facilitator of success
Applicants should complete the online application form for support staﬀ on the GRCS website. Applicants should also send a resume, letter of interest, and letters of reference to Elizabeth Hoving, Dean of Students at Grand Rapids Christian Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: until filled