POSITION TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: Director of Advancement
COORDINATES WITH: Advancement Office, Business Office
STATUS: Full-time, Salary
POSITION SUMMARY: To manage the annual giving to the Eagles Fund by implementing, building, and sustaining opportunities for donors, alumni, parents, grandparents, and the broader community to give.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Work with the Director of Advancement and advancement staff to establish goals and strategies to increase, broaden, and diversify the donor base of the Schools.
- Build individual donor and prospective donor relationships to broaden their awareness and education of the Schools' needs, what giving opportunities exist, and how they can help support the Schools given their own charitable priorities.
- Collaborate in all fundraising activity, including special events, private receptions, phone-a-thons, written appeals, thank you calls, and other activities related to the Eagles Fund and other campaigns.
- Assist in planning written and online communications with donors, prospective donors, parents, alumni and friends, including Annual Report, brochures, and other necessary materials.
- With the Director of Advancement, coordinate the budget implications of the Eagles Fund revenue.
- Manage, encourage, and utilize volunteers to increase giving, supplement staff time, and engage support to meet the goals of the Eagles Fund and Advancement Department.
- Grow professionally by attending conferences in the area of advancement, donor relations and planned giving.
- Offer insights to improve the ability of the Advancement Department to run smoothly and generate more resources for Grand Rapids Christian Schools.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ; member of a Christian church
- Prior fundraising experience, preferably at least 2 years
- Accomplished analytical thinking
- A high degree of flexibility
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent typing, writing, spelling and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A high degree of professionalism
- Good judgment and sense of discretion; will be in contact with confidential information
- Must enjoy working independently, be able to work with minimal supervision and organize own workday
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone presence
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- A strong commitment to Christian education shown in own children attending a CSI school
CONTACT: Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Lindsay Hart, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled