GRC Youth Sports and Recreation Programs
Did you know, Grand Rapids Christian Schools has our own Recreation Department? We offer sports programs for GRCS students and students from the surrounding area. For a complete look at what we have to offer go to www.grcs.org/youthsports.
Our programs will follow the same Health and Safety Protocols as we are following in school. Masks for coaches, hand sanitizer for players, disinfectant for equipment, social distancing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more questions.
Register at www.grcs.org/youthsports. Your password AND username is your email address.
For questions, email email@example.com.
Boys Basketball Clinic 🏀
GRCHS Varsity Basketball Coach, Eric Taylor would like to refine your son’s basketball skills. He is a firm believer that fundamentals are important to learn early so they can be practiced correctly repeatedly.
- Dates: September 23 – October 17
- Days: Wednesdays & Saturdays
- 5th & 6th Grade Times: 5:30 pm — 6:30 pm (Wednesdays) & 1:00 pm — 2:30 pm (Saturdays)
- 7th & 8th Grade Times: 6:45 pm — 7:45 pm (Wednesdays) & 2:45 pm — 4:15 pm (Saturdays)
- Location: GRC Iroquois Campus, outside courts or in the gym
- Coach: Eric Taylor, GRCHS Varsity Basketball Coach
- Cost: $70
- Register Deadline: September 18
Youth Sports Performance Training 101
101 is geared towards helping athletes build a sports base for strength, speed, balance, and power. It also includes developing our young athletes' qualities for them to become better student-athletes. Varsity coaches will be invited as guest speakers for the last 10 minutes of class.
- Dates: October 26 – November 18
- Days: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Ages: 3rd — 8th grades (students will be divided by 3rd–5th and 6th–8th grade)
- Time: 6:00 pm — 7:15 pm
- Coach: Daimond Dixon, GRCHS Director of Sports Performance
- Location: GRCHS
- Cost: $65
- Register By: October 16
- Notes: Students will be divided by 3rd-5th and 6th-8th grade