GRCHS COVID Case Report
January 22, 2020
Dear GRCHS Parents, Staff, and Students,
We recently became aware of one student and one staff person at GRCHS that tested positive for COVID-19.
CASE # 1 — student
- Was tested on January 18 after becoming symptomatic on January 17
- Received a positive test result on January 20
- The student was last in attendance on January 15
- We found out on January 22 that the test came back positive
CASE # 2 — staff
- The staff person is asymptomatic
- They were tested on January 21 after an off-campus exposure
- Received a positive test result on January 21
- The staff member was last in attendance on January 21 and there are no close contacts
- We found out on January 21 that the test came back positive
We have been in touch with Kent County Health Department officials and are responsible to identify those who may be considered close contacts at school by the CDC guidelines. Individuals who are considered close contacts have already been contacted by the school and will be contacted by the Kent County Health Department soon. Parents of a student not considered a close contact will not hear from the Health Department or the school.
We will protect the confidentiality of the student and staff person, as is true in any case associated with COVID-19, and are moving forward under the guidance of the Kent County Health Department. All measures have been taken to protect the wellbeing of our students, including thoroughly disinfecting the school building.
Please continue to be diligent in completing the daily health screener tool, in physical distancing, and in wearing a mask correctly. Please monitor for onset of symptoms related to COVID-19. If you note any change in your student’s health, please call your regular medical provider and remain in communication with school as is appropriate.
Principal, Grand Rapids Christian High School