May 2, 2021
Dear Iroquois and Evergreen families,
What an amazing and unique year this has been! God has been with us in small ways and big ways this school year and he has proven again and again that he is faithful to his people and his world!
On behalf of the Parent Teacher Organization, we want to express our gratitude for your continued partnership in supporting our teachers, students, and school community! It has been an honor to work alongside you as we’ve had to be more creative within the parameters of the pandemic to find unique and meaningful ways to use the PTO funds.
Looking back at this year, we wanted to share with you some of the things we were able to do with these funds.
- Books for classroom libraries
- Teacher stipends for individual classroom expenses
- Thirsty Thursday treats provided monthly as a thank you and encouragement to our teachers and staff
- Funds for the district that assist families with the expense of student evaluation
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons and Staff Appreciation Week
- Playground improvements
- Funds to begin a lending library with books focused on helping parents and caregivers better understand their child's unique strengths and needs
- Estrellita Phonics Program for Spanish Immersion
- End of the Year Field Trips
- Books for the School Libraries
- Black History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month books
- Outdoor seating and gardening tools for Evergreen
- Mobile Carts for Teaching and Storage
As the year wraps up, we can’t help but be hopeful for what the future holds and grateful that we know who holds the future. Thank you for your commitment to our school. We look forward to our continued partnership. We thank God for you!
The GRCES PTO
Kimberly Helder, Iroquois Chair
Emily Davis, Evergreen Chair