High School News
End of Year Book Collection
- 9th—11th books will be collected before each exam starts, May 24-27.
- For example, students who have a 1st period Government exam should bring their textbook to the exam.
- Students will not be permitted to enter the exam if they do not return their books.
- A $5 fine will be assessed each day for books that are turned in late.
Underclassmen Exam Schedule
Second-semester 9-11th grade exams are Monday — Thursday, May 24—27. Two exams are scheduled each day.
- The first exam begins at 8:30 am and ends at 10:00 am. Students should arrive by 8:20 to ensure they are in their seats ready to begin at 8:30.
- The second exam begins at 10:15 am and ends at 11:45 am
Students are only required to be present for the exams they have scheduled (e.g. if a student has a first-period class and a second-period study hall, the student may leave for the day at 10:00 am.)
Buses will run on their normal morning schedules and will depart from GRCHS following the second exam.
Schedule for Exams May 24—27
- Monday: 1st and 2nd hr
- Tuesday: 3rd and 4th hr
- Weds: 5th and 6th hr
- Thursday: 7th and 8th hr
Grades 9-11 Laptop Collection
- Laptop Return Schedule:
- Date: Monday, May 24 -Thursday, May 27
- When: 7:45AM-12:30PM
- Where: GRCHS Learning Commons
- Late Turn Ins: Any laptop turned in after May 27 will be assessed a $5/weekday late fee to be paid at the time of turn-in.
- Instructions: BEFORE you turn in your laptop, please read these instructions carefully: Grades 9-11 Laptop Turn In. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by the Help Desk or send Mrs. Decker an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Final Grades will be posted on ParentVue/StudentVue on June 4
At Grand Rapids Christian Schools, we believe a student’s learning and growth does not stop when the second semester ends. Summer Session is an exciting way at Grand Rapids Christian High for students to participate in fun enrichment and immersion activities during the summer and earn high school credit.
There are still spots available for ACT, SAT, and College Application prep workshops this June! Take advantage of these excellent one-week workshops.
All summer offerings are now posted online at www.grcs.org/summer.
Lost and Found
Please remind your students to claim any items in the lost and found before leaving for the summer. Items not claimed by May 27 will be donated to New2You.
Welcome a student from Madrid, Spain into your home for 8 weeks in August and September
These students are excited to live with an American family and attend classes at GRCHS for 6 weeks. Students arrive in Grand Rapids on August 6 and depart in early October; there is a stipend to cover expenses. Contact Mrs. Joelle Williams at email@example.com or 616-574-5652.
Host an International Student at Grand Rapids Christian Schools
Yes, it’s true: we are expecting a number of international students to join us in August 2021! Most of them are coming for the entire school year. We are also welcoming a handful of students from Spain for 8 weeks. If you are interested in other cultures, enjoy hospitality, and want to have an enduring impact on a young person's life then this could be a great opportunity for your family! Hosting is a powerful way for families of all ages to be a testimony through their daily lives.
Host families receive a stipend to cover costs and we provide orientation, training, and ongoing support throughout the school year. For more information contact Joelle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-574-5652.
New GRCS Band Website
Check out our GRCS Band Website to stay up to date with the latest info and newsletters about our band program!
2021-2022 GRCS District Calendar
The Michigan Department of Education provides free meals for students over the summer break.
For a location near you, please click here for the "Meet Up and Eat Up" map.
GRCHS Summer Office Hours
- June 1—4: Weekdays 8:00 am—3:00 pm
- June 7—July 1: Weekdays 8:00 am—2:00 pm
- July 5—9 CLOSED
- July 12—30: Monday-Thursday 8:00 am—2:00 pm. Closed on Fridays
- Regular office hours resume on August 2.
Retirement Celebration — Grada Groen
Join us in celebrating Grada Groen's upcoming retirement! Please send notes or cards of appreciation and congratulations for Grada's wonderful years of teaching to the GRCS Iroquois campus at 1050 Iroquois Dr. GR 49506
From the Counseling Department
Please visit the Counseling Department webpage for the latest information from the GRCHS Counseling Department, including curriculum and class information, ACT and SAT testing information and prep classes, college planning guides, and much more.
Upcoming Saturday SAT and SAT Subject Test dates:
June 5, 2021
- Registration late deadline of May 26.
- Register at collegeboard.org.
From the Athletic Department
Current 8th-11th graders planning to play sports at Grand Rapids Christian High School in the 2021-22 school year need to have an MHSAA physical form on file with the high school athletic office before they are allowed to participate. A valid physical for 2021-22 must be completed any time after April 15, 2021.
You may turn in the completed physical to the GRCHS athletic office by mail or email (to email@example.com) as soon as you finish it, even if it is before the end of this school year or during the summer.
You may print out a physical form here.
This form must be completed with all signatures in order to participate in sports at GRCHS. You may attach your doctor’s office physical form for the doctor portion of this form but the parent portion and all signatures need to be completed on this form.