The Peer Listeners wanted to let you know that we are still available to connect. If you need a safe space to talk, you can complete the peer listening form on Eaglenet and we will reach out. We are in this together. Watch this short video to learn more about Peer Listening.
GRCHS Daily Devotions
The Spiritual Formation Student Congress is sharing daily devotionals for your use. They are meant to be a way that our student body can continue to grow in our faith during this time. They could be done first thing in the morning or whenever seems like a good time for your daily devotions. Daily Instagram posts will be shared on the GRCHS School Spirit account as well.
We have another exciting week of virtual activities planned this week.
We are planning a Quarantine Talent Photo Contest and a number of fun zoom sessions. We would also love for you to participate in our Monday Bible Studies and daily devotions. We are excited for a fun week, where everyone can get involved. Please see details here, and be sure to follow our #grchschoolspirit instagram page! All Student Life activities are also listed on EagleNet. Click the Student Life tile for zoom codes and details. Let Mrs. Hoving know if you have questions.
Activities & Clubs
Calling All Juniors!
I am excited to share with everyone that we are still planning on having our overnight senior retreat on August 15-16 which will be a Saturday and Sunday. I am hopeful that the pandemic restrictions will lessen and allow you seniors this great experience for the upcoming school year. Please save the date and you will be getting more detailed information coming soon. The expectation is that we want all students to attend. Stay tuned and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks - Mr. Taylor
Sophomores and Juniors -
If you are interested in an internship for Winterim 2020-2021, you should start looking now. It can take quite a while to get your internship confirmed and the paperwork signed. You are required to find your own internship - here are some ideas on how to find an internship host.
- Use your parents as resources – what do their friends do?
- If you are interested in medicine, talk with your own doctor/nurse. The best way to get an internship in a hospital is through a direct connection. You will not have success connecting with the hospital in general.
- If you are interested in education, talk with your elementary/middle school teacher.
- What do your friends’ parents do?
- Is there anyone in your church who works in the field you are interested in?
- Email Mrs. Polet (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask for suggestions.
- College visits are NOT internships.
- You may not be paid for your internship.
- Your internship application is due online on October.
Follow @grchristianeagles on Instagram as we celebrate our Spring Senior Athletes!