God has blessed us throughout the time away from school, and we are thankful for His mercies that are new every morning. This document outlines our plan for collecting materials and returning personal items to students on the final days of school.
On both Thursday and Friday, May 28 and May 29, students will be given opportunities to drop off their library books, laptops, iPads and charger cords, any school-owned instruments, and uniforms (click here for the technology collection check-list). Personal items left at school will also be ready for pick-up at that time.
May 28 will be specifically for 8th graders. They will have the opportunity to return their items between 9:00 am — 12:00 pm. We will also have the 8th grade drive-by “good-bye” at 3:00 pm, followed by their virtual celebration to be watched at home at 7:00 pm that night.
Friday morning, May 29, will be for 5th — 7th grades; we ask parents to come during the following timeframes:
- S-Z: 9:00 am — 10:00
- H-R: 10:00 am — 11:00
- A-G: 11:00 am — 12:00 pm
** Please try to stay as close to these timelines as possible; if that doesn’t work into your family’s logistics due to work or other commitments, we understand that you may need to come at another time.
Details of Drop-Off
For the safety of everyone, we ask the following, please:
- Wear a mask
- Respect the physical distance of others
- Understand that we need to keep the process moving so as not to have too many people on campus at one time.
Students and parents will not be coming into the building. Grade level teachers and other school support staff will be collecting and disseminating items at the following locations:
- 5th grade: Front main entrance of the school near the office.
- 6th grade: South parking lot entrance closest to Chesaning.
- 7th grade: Entrance near Mr. Greidanus’s room.
- 8th grade: Entrance near Mr. Voetberg’s room.
** In case of rain, we will still use the same process but will move tables inside the halls.
Drop off / Pick up
On Thursday, May 28, the 8th graders’ vehicles will enter by the gym entrance off Shiawassee to drop-off items and pick-up items.
5th — 7th GRADES
On Friday, May 29, we will ask the grades to drive up according to the following parameters:
- 5th Grade: enter off Chesaning and drive around the front office loop.
- 6th Grade: enter off Shiawassee in the middle drive and exit onto Chesaning.
- 7th Grade: enter off Shiawassee by the gym and exit on Shiawassee.
*Lost and Found items will be set up in the parking lot by the Paper Gator and one can come and look through it any time on the morning of May 29. (Anything not picked up by May 29 will be donated to New 2 You.)
*We will also collect your cans/bottles if you want to make a donation to the school.