Dear Rockford Christian Families,
Our District-wide theme for the coming school year is All Things. Hold Together. based on Colossians 1:17: “He is before all things, and in Him, all things hold together.”
The school year is just getting started, and I am already finding comfort in these words. Amid all the uncertainties brought about by COVID19, I pray our community might hold together in Christ.
Knowing that Christ goes before us, we have been busy preparing for our first day of school on August 19th. I encourage you, if you haven’t already, to visit grcs.org/reopening for the latest information on our reopening plans, along with answers to many frequently asked questions.
One recent measure we are taking to protect our community’s health and safety includes the cancellation of traditional back-to-school events. Our Open House, Classroom Connect, and PTO-sponsored BBQ did not make sense in their previous form. In place of an on-campus open house, classroom teachers will be sending out a video tour and introduction to families on August 17. We also recognize the importance of having our youngest learners meet their teacher prior to the school year.
We are asking families with a K-4th grade student to sign up for a time to visit school on Thursday, August 13th.
Tentative pick up and drop off procedure
I would also like to highlight our tentative pick up and drop off procedure for the year ahead. Given RPS’ decision to begin the year online, parents planning to utilize RPS transportation must make alternate arrangements for the time being.
- Parents should drop off elementary school students at the main entrance and middle school students at the middle school entrance on the east side of the building between 8:15 and 8:30 am.
- Families with students in both divisions should plan on just one drop off at the main entrance.
- We ask that parents remain in their vehicle in order to keep the process moving and remind families that parents or other guests shall not be allowed in the school building except under extenuating circumstances.
- Students arriving before 8:15 am will need to wait in their vehicles, unless they have registered for before care.
- Similar to drop off, middle school and elementary students will be using separate exits for pick up.
- 5th — 8th graders with younger siblings will be picked up together at the main entrance.
- All classes will line up outside, with appropriate social distance, beginning at 3:20 pm.
- Students who have not been picked up by 3:35 pm will head to aftercare to wait for their parent or guardian.
- As always, please use extreme caution while driving on campus and do not use your cell phone while behind the wheel.
Thank you for your continued partnership, commitment, and patience as we work through the challenges presented to us this school year.