Rockford Campus News
🙏 Parents and Grandparents in Prayer
We would love to welcome parents and grandparents to join us in praying for our school. For a number of years, parents and grandparents have been meeting one morning a week to pray for our teachers, staff, students and school community. We would love to continue that tradition again this year.
Parents and Grandparents in Prayer meet on Wednesday mornings in the school parking lot at 8:45 after drop-off. We typically walk around the campus as we pray. Little siblings are welcome to join us. We follow the guidelines outlined by Moms in Prayer International. Here is a link to that resource.
Recess Volunteers Needed
We are looking for parent volunteers to support the elementary and middle school lunch recess. It is a time commitment of 45 minutes from 12:15 to 1:00 pm and is a fabulous opportunity to be on campus and see our students in action. Sign up here.
Basics Mental Health Training
Jim McGannon of Basics Basketball is offering Basics Mental Health Training at RCS. 50% off the regular price for our students. Learn more about the program here.
Thursday, September 21, 7:30 - 8:45 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Sunday, October 15, 4:00 - 5:15 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Tuesday, October 17, 7:30 - 8:45 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Sunday, October 29, 4:00 - 5:15 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
💼 Job Posting
Please reach out if you know someone who might be interested.
🌎 Host a Rockford Christian International Student
We are expecting a young lady from China to join our school community starting in January. This young lady is excited to experience life in West Michigan, living with an American family and attending 7th and 8th grade at RCS. If you are interested in other cultures, enjoy hospitality, and want to have an enduring impact on a young person's life then this could be a great opportunity for your family! Host families receive a monthly stipend (or the equivalent in tuition remission) to cover costs and we provide orientation, training, and ongoing support throughout the school year. For more information contact Joelle Williams at email@example.com or 616.574.5652.
🗓 Upcoming Dates / Events
September 1 - 4:
- No School
September 5 - 6:
- 7th and 8th Grades at Grace Adventures
- Classroom Connect: This evening is a great opportunity for you to meet your child's teachers, learn about their classroom routines and expectations, ask questions, and start the year on a positive note. Keep an eye out for more information from your child's classroom teacher about this event.
September 18 - 22
- Literati Book Fair: We are in need of parent volunteers. Please reach out to Carla Hardy if you can help with set up, tear down, or working the event. Stay tuned for more information coming soon to your inbox and home with your child.
September 20 - 21
- Picture Day: Bring your best smiles
🚗 After School Pick up Guideline
- Parents who utilize the pick–up line must remain in their vehicles for the entirety of pick-up. Staff is happy to assist students into the vehicles if need be. If you wish to get out of your vehicle, please park your vehicle in the parking lot, and use the designated walkway for safety.
- No Parking is allowed in the pick–up area. If your child is not ready to load when you are in the pick–up area, you will be directed to drive through with the flow of traffic, and re-circle around.
🧑 Kids Care
Kids Care is currently full for the 23-24 school year. If you are enrolled in Kids Care, information will be sent out from this email address: RCSKidsCare@grcs.org
Please direct any questions you may have to this email. Thank you!
🌲 A Note from Outdoor Education
One of the ongoing projects our school has in connection with Outdoor Education is our Pop Can and Spare Change Project. Each month we adopt a different area ministry that is doing God’s work in various ways. We collect money and send it to that ministry for whatever they need. Last year we gave away over $1600!
During August and September, we will highlight the work of Baxter Community Center. Learn more about their mission at wearebaxter.org The large receptacle outside of the OE room (room 134) will receive your cans and bottles all year. Let’s continue to be known as a school that blesses those around us.
RCS PTO News
Our first PTO meeting will be tonight! Tuesday, August 29 at 6:30 pm in the Learning Commons. Please feel free to join us!
Please contact Lindsey Toth if you are interested in joining or have questions about serving.
RCS TRIP Office
The TRIP Office is available on Tuesday mornings in the RCS Office starting on August 22.
New to TRIP? TRIP allows you to reduce the cost of tuition by purchasing gift cards and gift certificates for things you buy every day from hundreds of national and local vendors.
How does TRIP work? When you purchase gift cards at face value, a percentage of your purchase is credited to your TRIP account. Two times per year (November 1 and May 1), the accumulated TRIP credits are applied as payment to your tuition account, or donated to the tuition account you have designated.