Rockford Campus News
- Set-up on Thursday or Friday, 9.14 or 9.15,
- A helper during 3rd & 4th grade class times on Monday, 9.18 and Wednesday, 9.20 from 2:15 - 3:15,
- A helper for Grandfriends Day on Friday 3:00 - 4:00 pm. If you can help in any way, please reach out to Carla Hardy asap at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers also get a 20% discount on all on-site fair purchases!
Recess Volunteers Needed
We are looking for parent volunteers to support the elementary and middle school lunch recess. It is a time commitment of 45 minutes from 12:15 to 1:00 pm and is a fabulous opportunity to be on campus and see our students in action. Sign up here.
Basics Mental Health Training
Jim McGannon of Basics Basketball is offering Basics Mental Health Training at RCS. 50% off the regular price for our students. Learn more about the program here.
Thursday, September 21, 7:30 - 8:45 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Sunday, October 15, 4:00 - 5:15 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Tuesday, October 17, 7:30 - 8:45 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
Sunday, October 29, 4:00 - 5:15 pm REGISTER RC GRCS Athletes only
💼 Job Posting
Please reach out if you know someone who might be interested.
🌎 Host a Rockford Christian International Student
We are expecting a young lady from China to join our school community starting in January. This young lady is excited to experience life in West Michigan, living with an American family and attending 7th and 8th grade at RCS. If you are interested in other cultures, enjoy hospitality, and want to have an enduring impact on a young person's life then this could be a great opportunity for your family! Host families receive a monthly stipend (or the equivalent in tuition remission) to cover costs and we provide orientation, training, and ongoing support throughout the school year. For more information contact Joelle Williams at email@example.com or 616.574.5652.
🙏 Parents and Grandparents in Prayer
We would love to welcome parents and grandparents to join us in praying for our school. For a number of years, parents and grandparents have been meeting one morning a week to pray for our teachers, staff, students and school community. We would love to continue that tradition again this year.
Parents and Grandparents in Prayer meet on Wednesday mornings in the school parking lot at 8:45 after drop-off. We typically walk around the campus as we pray. Little siblings are welcome to join us. We follow the guidelines outlined by Moms in Prayer International. Here is a link to that resource.
🗓 Upcoming Dates / Events
September 5 - 6:
- 7th and 8th Grades at Grace Adventures
- Classroom Connect - Grades K-8: This evening is a great opportunity for you to meet your child's teachers, learn about their classroom routines and expectations, ask questions, and start the year on a positive note. Keep an eye out for more information from your child's classroom teacher about this event.
September 18 - 22
- Literati Book Fair: We are in need of parent volunteers. Please reach out to Carla Hardy if you can help with set up, tear down, or working the event.
September 20 - 21
- Picture Day: Bring your best smiles
- Picture Day: Bring your best smiles
- Preschool (T/TH and M-F ) Grandfriends Day - 10 am
- K-8 Grandfriends Day: 1 pm to 3 pm
- Preschool (MWF) Grandfriends Day 10 am
🚗 After School Pick up Guideline
- Parents who utilize the pick–up line must remain in their vehicles for the entirety of pick-up. Staff is happy to assist students into the vehicles if need be. If you wish to get out of your vehicle, please park your vehicle in the parking lot, and use the designated walkway for safety.
- No Parking is allowed in the pick–up area. If your child is not ready to load when you are in the pick–up area, you will be directed to drive through with the flow of traffic, and re-circle around.
🧑 Kids Care
Kids Care is currently full for the 23-24 school year. If you are enrolled in Kids Care, information will be sent out from this email address: RCSKidsCare@grcs.org
Please direct any questions you may have to this email. Thank you!
🌲 A Note from Outdoor Education
Welcome back from the long weekend! I hope you were able to spend some time outside in our beautiful state. At RCS Outdoor Education is one component in our effort to create a nature-rich school. Many classes have been busy setting up their own outdoor classrooms by reclearing each spot and getting the furniture (benches, logs, etc.) in place. We have our students do a lot of this work because we believe that this also produces a sense of ownership and pride in their accomplishments. Creating their own little class “hideaways” has been a lot of fun!
We also try to build into our students a sense of caring for our world by recycling, composting, and being responsible with our trash. Just last week I gave a tour to a visitor who remarked, “One thing is obviously missing here. There’s no trash on your playground!” We are making progress.
Pop Can and Spare Change Project report: We have raised $78.10 since the beginning of the school year for Baxter Community Center. Let’s keep it going!
RCS PTO News
RCS TRIP Office
The TRIP Office is available on Tuesday mornings in the RCS Office from 8 am to 10 am.
New to TRIP? TRIP allows you to reduce the cost of tuition by purchasing gift cards and gift certificates for things you buy every day from hundreds of national and local vendors.
How does TRIP work? When you purchase gift cards at face value, a percentage of your purchase is credited to your TRIP account. Two times per year (November 1 and May 1), the accumulated TRIP credits are applied as payment to your tuition account, or donated to the tuition account you have designated.