Rockford Campus News
👕 Lost and Found
Check out our digital lost and found.
🗒️ Substitute Teacher/Aide Opportunity
Do you have availability and passion to support our students when teachers are unavailable due to illness or professional development opportunities? We are looking to add to our list of substitute teachers. Preschool is looking for people available to step into an aide role. K-8 is looking for people who feel comfortable following sub plans and leading classroom time.
If you know a person who might feel interested in this (paid) position, please reach out to Kristin Buursma.
🗒️ Kids Care Job Opportunity
Rockford Christian School is also seeking new employees to support our Kids Care Program. Kids Care is a licensed child care program at Rockford Christian School that provides quality before and after school care for our families during the school year.
🙏 Parents and Grandparents in Prayer
Parents and Grandparents in Prayer meet on Wednesday mornings in the school parking lot at 8:45 after drop-off. We typically walk around the campus as we pray. Little siblings are welcome to join us. We follow the guidelines outlined by Moms in Prayer International. Here is a link to the Moms in Prayer resource.
We are always looking for parents to step in and help with recess duty at lunchtime. 12:20 pm to 1 pm. This is a great chance to be on campus and enjoy watching our students interact! Sign up here to join us for recess duty at Rockford Christian.
🗓 Upcoming Dates / Events
- No RPS PM busing
- Picture Retakes
- No RPS PM busing
- Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL
🌲 A Note from Outdoor Education
A list of thank you notes:
- Thank you to all the parents and Miss Quist who went along on the 2023 Edition of Uncle Phil’s Survival School. We couldn’t have done it without all of you.
- Thank you for all the donations to the Pop Can and Spare Change Project for October. We raised $450.76 for World Renew to provide safe drinking water for five families. Our November Project will be for Mel Trotter Ministries.
- Thank you to Mr. Lee Slingerland, our school custodian, for heading up our effort to plant 100 trees at RCS this year.
- Thank you on behalf of our compost bin for feeding it with pumpkins!
- Thank you in advance for bringing in your extra cardboard egg cartons. It’s time to build up our supply of fire starters once again this year!
As we enter November, let’s remind ourselves that gratitude and thankfulness is not a one-day-a-year thing. Be thankful at all times. Find a way to thank somebody today.
RCS PTO News
The next PTO meeting is Thursday November 30 at 6:30 pm. We are always happy to have new joiners! Any questions, contact Lindsey Toth.
RCS TRIP Office
The TRIP Office is available on Tuesday mornings in the RCS Office from 8 am to 10 am.
New to TRIP? TRIP allows you to reduce the cost of tuition by purchasing gift cards and gift certificates for things you buy every day from hundreds of national and local vendors.
How does TRIP work? When you purchase gift cards at face value, a percentage of your purchase is credited to your TRIP account. Two times per year (November 1 and May 1), the accumulated TRIP credits are applied as payment to your tuition account, or donated to the tuition account you have designated.