Continuous Enrollment and Variable Tuition at GRCS
We are excited to announce that in place of our yearly re-enrollment process, Grand Rapids Christian Schools is moving to Continuous Enrollment. This is the "Set it and Forget it" model of re-enrollment that seeks to simplify life for the majority of GRCS families who re-enroll every year. Once you sign a Continuous Enrollment Contract this year, you'll never have to go through the re-enrollment process again!
In addition, instead of posting Required and Requested tuition rates, we will now be offering a range of tuition levels called Variable Tuition. The application for Variable Tuition is now open and is available at www.grcs.org/variabletuition. The deadline for Variable Tuition applications is February 1.
We have created short videos and a page of FAQ's to help explain both Continuous Enrollment and Variable Tuition. Be sure to check out the information at www.grcs.org/enrollment to learn more.
Continuous Enrollment contracts will be emailed out to each family in late January. Please read it over and submit it by February 20.
Questions? Feel free to contact Admissions@grcs.org for more information.
GRCHS Exam Info & Reminders
- GRCHS First Semester Exams are December 17-20 from 8am-11: 15 am.
- Two exams are scheduled each day.
- The first exam begins at 8:00 am each day.
- Please note there is no late start on Monday the 17th. Students must stay in the classroom until at least 9:15 and may stay until 9:30.
- The second exam of the day begins at 9:45
- Students must stay until 11:00 and may stay until 11:15.
- Students are required to be present only for the exams they have scheduled (e.g. if a student has a first-period class and a second-period study hall, the student may leave for the day at 9:15/9:30).
- Buses will run on their normal morning schedules and will depart from GRCHS at 11:20 following the second exam.
- Schedule for Exams:
- Mon Dec 17: 1st and 2nd hr (no late start)
- Tues: 3rd and 4th hr
- Weds: 5th and 6th hr
- Thurs: 7th and 8th hr
- Schedule for Exams:
- Exam time changes are permitted only per individual teacher approval.
- In the event of a snow day during exam week, the first day back will be the exams that were missed on the snow day. Each following day will be pushed back, with 7th and 8th hr exams on Friday, Dec. 21. (e.g. if there is a snow day on Tuesday, then 3rd and 4th hr exams will take place on Weds, 5th and 6th on Thursday, and 7th and 8th on Friday).
- First Semester Book Returns: As a reminder, books must be turned in for single semester classes to your teachers before you can take your exam. You will not be permitted to take your exam if you have not turned in your books. You should keep your books for year-long classes.
1st Semester Grades
1st Semester Report Cards and GPAs will be posted on ParentVue and StudentVue on December 28th.
Winterim begins Monday, January 7. There is no late start on Mondays during Winterim.
This is the daily schedule:
Morning Session: 8am - 11am
Lunch: 11am - 11:45am
Afternoon Session: 11:50am - 2:50pm
MLK Day Schedule
Martin Luther King Day is the first day of school after Winterim, Monday, January, 21. We will have a special half day with no late start. More details about this special day will come in January!
Save the Day for Summer Session 2019! Registration will open March 1.
3-week summer courses: June 10 - 28
- ACT Prep Workshops: June 3 - 7
- College Application Essay Writing: June 3 - 7
- SAT Prep Workshops: Aug 5 - 9
- Math and English Jump Start Workshops: Aug 5-9
Drivers Training Segment 1:
- Option 1: Meets June 3-7, 10-14 (10am-12pm)
- Option 2: Meets June 10-14, 17-21 (12pm-2pm)
Drivers Training Segment 2:
- Option 1: Meets June 4, 6, 11 (12pm-2pm)
- Option 2: Meets June 18, 20, 25 (12pm-2pm)
From the Counseling Department
Visit our Website! The website is a great place to visit for any of your questions about curriculum, class information, testing, ACT/SAT prep, counseling and college resources for seniors and much more. Go to counselors.grcs.org for the latest information.
Seniors - Scholarship deadlines are approaching! Remember, you can look for:
1. GRCHS Scholarships due February 2019. (applications are in the Counseling Office - see the email in January on details
2. College Specific Scholarships (go to individual college websites to search)
3. Local Scholarships (many are listed in Naviance)
4. National Scholarships (check out the app: "Scholly")
Please continue to work on your scholarship applications. You will find an extensive list in Naviance Student.
Junior Parent/Student Conferences
Counselors are offering each junior student and his/her parents the opportunity to meet and discuss college plans with your counselor. The conferences are optional and are scheduled between 8 am and 2 pm. Parents must fill out the Junior Parent Questionnaire in Naviance before scheduling a Junior Conference. Please call Mrs. Elizabeth Decker at 616-574-5650 to make an appointment with your son or daughter's counselor.
Junior Parent Night: Save the Date!
Save the date for our Junior Parent Night on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm in the garage. Counselors will discuss with parents important details and information regarding ACT/SAT testing and prep, tips for researching colleges, paying for college, timelines, roles of the student and parent and the college application process. The following breakouts will also be offered:
Weather Related Closings
When inclement weather makes it necessary to cancel school, announcements are made over the following radio and tv stations: WOOD-AM 1300, TV Channel 8, and TV Channel 13. The decision to cancel school rests with the superintendent or his designees. Additionally, closings will be posted on the school website and on our Facebook page by 7:00 am.
Lost and Found
Our lost and found is full of items! If your student is missing anything please remind him/her to check before leaving for Christmas break. Unclaimed items will be donated.