Senior's Final Days!
The final day of class for seniors is Friday, May 17.
Senior Exams (if required): Are scheduled for Monday, May 20. Teachers will notify students of their exam status. Senior exams will be given from 8:30 - 11:30 am. Seniors who do not have any exams do not need to be at school on this day.
Senior Breakfast and Chapel: Seniors will have breakfast together at the normal school day start time (7:55 am) and then attend their final chapel at 9:15. Seniors will be dismissed after chapel at 10:15.
Graduation: Graduation is May 28 at 8:00 pm at Calvary Church: Admission is by ticket only. Tickets were mailed to all senior households, each household received 6 tickets. If you would like to request additional tickets please complete the form sent with the tickets and return to the main office ASAP.
Senior Laptop Turn In: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
This year, seniors have the option of purchasing the school laptop. Here are the details:
- A quick search on eBay right now shows that these laptops are running around $385. We are offering them to our seniors for only $300 regardless of the condition.
- Seniors will be allowed to purchase their own school assigned laptop at the turn in time, not another classmate's laptop. (you may purchase additional laptops at the yearly technology sale).
- All computers will be sold as is with no support.
If you decide to purchase your assigned laptop, you will need to:
- Turn it in at the normal senior laptop turn in time; we need to re-image the laptop before selling it.
- Have the full payment with you when you turn the laptop in - no exceptions.
- Pick-up dates of the purchased re-imaged laptop should be within 24 hours of purchase.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: You will be financially responsible for the damage on your laptop (i.e, liquid damage to internal components, cracked screen, broken trackpad, etc.); however, this financial responsibility will be waived if you choose to purchase your laptop.
Turn In Dates: May 13 through the final deadline on May 20 at 3:00 pm.
- Turn In Location: Learning Commons
- The laptop and power supply MUST be turned in.
- Missing parts: DO NOT purchase any parts to replace missing ones; we will not accept them. The reasons for this are many including the need to maintain product consistency, for warranty/Apple Care purposes, and to maintain product integrity for the next student who might get the machine the next school year. Any replacement costs we assess are based on the price we pay to replace the part; there is no markup.
- ALL pieces MUST be turned in TOGETHER OR with MONEY to replace any missing pieces.
Equipment Replacement cost:
- laptop $300.00
- Power adapter $65.00
- AC wall plug (Buckhead) $10.00\
- Seniors: Walking at graduation may be at risk if all equipment is not turned in or monetary obligations are unsettled. Transcripts and diplomas may be withheld until all monetary obligations are paid in full.
Late turn ins
- The laptop will be remotely disabled and left useless on the due date and time.
- A fine of $5.00 per day will be assessed if everything is not returned on time.
The LINE GETS LONG as your last day of school approaches; think about turning the laptop in as soon as you can. Email Mr. Bainbridge firstname.lastname@example.org, GRCHS Help Desk Specialist, if you have any questions.