- Criteria for Admission
- Application Checklist
- Application Forms
- Tuition and Fees
- Important Visa Information
Grand Rapids Christian Schools enroll students into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. Students who attend for at least two years including their 12th grade year will graduate with a diploma from Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Listed below are the criteria for admission:
- The student and parents must understand and agree with the mission of Grand Rapids Christian Schools to provide students with a faith-based education and that all subjects are taught through the lens of a Christian world view.
- The student must be eager to fully participate in school, home and church activities.
- The student must show evidence of emotional stability, a good behavior record, and adequate social adjustment.
- The student must demonstrate academic English proficiency as determined by the school.
- The student must demonstrate character qualities of integrity, self-discipline and motivation, consistent effort, obedient spirit, positive attitude and respectful behavior.
- The student must live in a homestay provided by the school.
- The student must arrive in Grand Rapids in early August (exact date will be communicated after acceptance to GRCHS).
Preparing students to be effective servants of Christ in contemporary society
OUR CORE VALUES
Students, parents, and staff are made in the image of God and, as a learning community, are committed to fully developing students' gifts in ways that affirm and celebrate each person. Our Christian learning community is committed to excellence, and all students are challenged to develop and use their God-given gifts.
WE PROFESS THAT:
- Our students will be presented with the basic message of Scripture and the redemption that has been given in Christ.
- Our student will be instructed in Scriptural principles that will guide them in mature living - in its spiritual, intellectual, and behavioral dimensions.
- Our students will be encouraged to recognize the greatness and the mercy of our Lord in every area of life.
- Our students will be guided into a true knowledge of God’s world, of its history, and its culture.
- Our students will be enabled to assess the values of the age from the perspective of Christ’s redemption and rule over all the world.
- STEP 1: APPLICATION
- STEP 2: INTERVIEW
- STEP 3: ACCEPTANCE
- STEP 4: TUITION PAYMENT
- STEP 5: I-20 ISSUED
- STEP 6: HOST FAMILY MATCH
- STEP 7: ARRIVAL AND ORIENTATION
A completed application must include the following in English:
- General application
- Student essays
- Student photos
- English teacher reference
- Math teacher reference
- Personal reference
- Official school transcript
- TOEFL score
- Immunization records (students are required to meet Michigan’s immunization requirements)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
International Student Tuition 2021-2022
|TUITION||$10,500||Base tuition fee|
|$16,000||Private tutoring, English Lab, guidance counselor, welcome and farewell banquets, school lunch, university preparation and visits to area schools, SAT/ACT and TOEFL workshops, Academic and
Student Life Support Services, book rental, MacBook Air laptop rental and insurance, medical insurance, emergency assistance, freshmen and senior retreats, international student fall retreat, spring break trip, host family placement, ongoing support and training for host families
|HOMESTAY FEE||$9,000||The host family will provide: 3 meals a day, transportation, a safe and healthy home environment, social, cultural and emotional support, monitor student homework and academic progress, family activities and outings, communication with home family.|
This refundable deposit is to cover costs in the case of an emergency, and is not used will be refunded upon graduation or departure from our program.
|TOTAL||$35,500 + REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT||
*1st year students pay an additional $3,000 refundable deposit
- First year students are charged an additional $2,000 for a required two-week orientation camp.
Scholarships are available for students up to $12,000/year based on need, geographical location, and student application.
- Grand Rapids Christian Schools functions as its own agency and provides all the support services that an international coordinating agency would provide and more!
Grand Rapids Christian Schools accepts and reviews applications as they are received. We encourage early applications to ensure sufficient processing time. Priority is given to applications received by March 1.
- Tuition is due in full before the I-20 is issued.
The Designated School Official (DSO) at Grand Rapids Christian High School will not issue an I-20 until both of the following requirements have been met:
- The International Student Program Director has approved the application for admission
- Full tuition has been received
Note: Grand Rapids Christian High School is required by U.S. Federal law to determine through written application that the student is qualified academically, linguistically, and meets all entrance requirements for admission. Do not schedule your interview appointment with the U.S. Embassy until admission has been approved and an I-20 has been issued. Once you have completed the Embassy interview, please contact the International Student Program office with the results and to notify us about your plans for arrival. For further information about the International Student Program at Grand Rapids Christian High School, please contact the International Student Program office.
- Joelle Williams, International Student Program Director
- Julie Watson, International Student Program Assistant