Grand Rapids Christian Schools enroll students into 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. Students who attend for at least two years including their 12th grade year will graduate with a diploma from Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Listed below are the criteria for admission:
- The student and parents must understand and agree with the mission of Grand Rapids Christian Schools to provide students with a faith-based education and that all subjects are taught through the lens of a Christian world view.
- The student must be eager to fully participate in school, home and church activities.
- The student must show evidence of emotional stability, a good behavior record, and adequate social adjustment.
- The student must demonstrate academic English proficiency as determined by the school.
- The student must demonstrate character qualities of integrity, self-discipline and motivation, consistent effort, obedient spirit, positive attitude and respectful behavior.
- The student must live in a homestay provided by the school.
- The student must arrive in Grand Rapids in early August (exact date will be communicated after acceptance to GRCHS).
Preparing students to be effective servants of Christ in contemporary society.
OUR CORE VALUES
Students, parents, and staff are made in the image of God and, as a learning community, are committed to fully developing students' gifts in ways that affirm and celebrate each person. Our Christian learning community is committed to excellence, and all students are challenged to develop and use their God-given gifts.
WE PROFES THAT:
- Our students will be presented with the basic message of Scripture and the redemption that has been given in Christ.
- Our student will be instructed in Scriptural principles that will guide them in mature living - in its spiritual, intellectual, and behavioral dimensions.
- Our students will be encouraged to recognize the greatness and the mercy of our Lord in every area of life.
- Our students will be guided into a true knowledge of God’s world, of its history, and its culture.
- Our students will be enabled to assess the values of the age from the perspective of Christ’s redemption and rule over all the world.
- STEP 1: APPLICATION
- STEP 2: INTERVIEW
- STEP 3: ACCEPTANCE
- STEP 4: TUITION PAYMENT
- STEP 5: I-20 ISSUED
- STEP 6: HOST FAMILY MATCH
- STEP 7: ARRIVAL AND ORIENTATION
A completed application must include the following in English:
- General application
- Student essays
- Student photos
- English teacher reference
- Math teacher reference
- Personal reference
- Official school transcript
- TOEFL score
- Immunization records (students are required to meet Michigan’s immunization requirements)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
International Student Tuition 2018-2019
|TUITION||$10,000||Base tuition fee|
|$16,500||Private tutoring, English Lab, guidance counselor, welcome and farewell banquets, school lunch,
university preparation and visits to area schools, SAT/ACT workshops, Academic and Student Life
Support Services, book rental, MacBook Air laptop rental and insurance, medical insurance, emergency assistance, freshmen and senior retreats, international student fall retreat, spring break trip, host family placement, ongoing support and training for host families, cap and gown rental for graduation.
|HOMESTAY FEE||$7,000||The host family will provide: 3 meals a day, transportation, a safe and healthy home environment, social, cultural and emotional support, monitor student homework and academic progress, family activities and outings, communication with home family.|
|TOTAL||$33,500||*1st year students pay an additional $3,000 refundable deposit + $3,200 for orientation camp.|
- *Orientation camp is a two week program required for first year students.
- * The refundable deposit is to cover costs in the case of an emergency, and if is not used, it will be refunded upon graduation or departure from our program.
- Scholarships are available for students up to $15,000/year based on need, geographical location, and student application.
- Grand Rapids Christian Schools functions as its own agency and provides all the support services that an international coordinating agency would provide and more!
- Tuition is due in full before the I-20 is issued.