Taking place the week following Spring Break, iXplore Week is an innovative, interim week of experiential and exploratory learning that promotes a sense of discovery, creativity, curiosity, connection, reflection, and responsibility.
Through a variety of experiences and opportunities to learn beyond the core curriculum, iXplore Week strives to deepen students' awareness of their own spiritual, intellectual and emotional growth as they develop and pursue new interests and passions.
Middle school students, grades 5-8, have an opportunity to choose classes or experiences. In addition, grade level students will engage in large group activities and simulations, infusing service learning and problem solving into the curriculum and preparing students to be informed, responsible, and involved servants and leaders.
Classes and experiences range from no cost to over $200 per student. We want every child to be able to participate! Financial aid is available to help with fees related to experiences during the week; simply contact Mr. Burgess for more information.
iXplore Registration Schedule:
- October iXplore Week Registration Form goes home. This form provides an opportunity for your child to select their top 5 choices for experiences/classes happening the following April.
- Middle school students are expected to get parent permission and parent agreement before selecting classes! Forms require a parent signature. Please make sure to review the Registration Form and make sure you sign off on the experiences/classes your child chooses.
- Each student’s #1 choice of an experience/class is not guaranteed. Students will receive one of their five choices.
- Classes and experiences are generally designed for 7th & 8th graders OR 5th & 6th graders. There are also many classes that are for 5th through 8th graders.
- Signed iXplore Registration Forms are due later in October. After forms are due, 1we will assign your student to an iXplore experience/class.
- What is iXplore week?
- Who are the iXplore instructors?
- How are students enrolled for iXplore classes?
- How do parents know which iXplore class or experience my child will have?
- What does the school day/week look like for students who aren’t traveling?
- Will hot lunch be served during iXplore week?
- Will there be GRCS & GRPS transportation during iXplore week?
- Will parents need to complete or sign any permission slips or forms for my child to participate in iXplore Week?
- What are the costs for the classes and/or experiences?
- Will my child’s medical needs be attended to?
- How can parents get involved or support the week?
GRCMS teachers and staff are the instructors for all iXplore classes. The specific instructors and leaders of each class will email parents in January to provide a general overview of the class and provide additional details for your child’s planned experience.
Prior to iXplore week, instructors and leaders of each class will meet the students in their classes for a time of devotions (during the time that is our normal, weekly chapel). Instructors and leaders will then spend time getting to know their iXplore students, setting expectations and providing an overview of what they will experience and learn.
Generally speaking, classes and experiences are designed for 7th & 8th graders OR 5th & 6th graders. Students in 5th through 8th grade are given the opportunity to select their top five choices of classes/experiences for iXplore Week. In rare cases, students receive their third or fourth choice class.
Students are to get parent permission and parent agreement before selecting classes.
Yes. If your child is traveling at all, you will need to complete a Medical Information & Consent Form. Without this Form, the student will NOT be able to participate. As instructors and class leaders are informed of every child’s medical needs, they will attend to them appropriately. Medical information on our students is held and kept confidential by GRCMS staff.