Spanish Immersion at Grand Rapids Christian is a full immersion program -100% Spanish. Teachers use English to ensure each child's emotional, physical, and spiritual development and well-being.
As students advance through the Spanish Immersion Program, English Language Arts is introduced as follows:
- Preschool: 100% Spanish
- Kindergarten: 100% Spanish
- 1st grade: 100% Spanish
- 2nd grade: 30 minutes/day language arts in English
- 3rd grade: 45 minutes/day language arts in English
- 4th grade: 1 hour/day language arts in English
Through a faith-based education, students in Spanish Immersion:
- Attain mastery of Grand Rapids Christian Schools grade level curricular standards and benchmarks
- Achieve functional proficiency in Spanish
- Develop strong English literacy skills
- Foster cross-cultural understanding
- Actively participate in the Hispanic community
- Be encouraged to be actively engaged in God's Kingdom by being Christian disciples.
Students are immersed in Spanish from preschool through 6th grade, followed by the opportunity to maintain Spanish language skills in 7th grade through high school. Enrolling students in Spanish Immersion requires parents to be committed to the Spanish Immersion program at Grand Rapids Christian Schools through the 6th grade.