Thank you for your support and prayers for our staff and students as we begin the 2018/19 school year. Personally, I’ve appreciated your words of encouragement as I begin my first year as principal of our awesome school. I’m thankful for the opportunity to partner with you and look forward to getting to know you better over the coming year!
Our theme verse this year is 1 Timothy 4:12: “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.”
Our theme is “Leave your mark.”
I am so excited about this verse and the opportunities that we will have to dive into the verse in chapel, in small groups, in classrooms, and in extracurricular activities. I specifically think of two ways that we’ll put this in front of our students this year.
First, we get to empower our students and call them to action. The verse specifically addresses young people and calls them to “set an example” or to “leave their mark.”
There are five ways that we can challenge our students to set this example:
- Speech - Do we build each other up with our words? Do we encourage each other, and speak truth in love?
- Conduct - Do our behaviors honor our God and build His Kingdom?
- Love - Do we serve one another and put others’ needs before our own?
- Faith - Do we publicly and privately put our trust in the Lord and live with a freedom that only comes from a relationship with him?
- Purity - Do the decisions that we are making honor God and fill us up to do the work that he’s called us to do?
Another way that we’ll engage with this verse is to celebrate and share stories of the examples that our students are setting in the classroom, on the stage, on the field, and in the community.
We know that each student is at a different place in their faith journey. We consider it a privilege to walk alongside them and support them as they both stumble and thrive!
-Mr. Bradley Mockabee