So you're a high school senior... now what?
- The Application Process
- Getting Started on Your College Applications
- College Visits
- College Financing
- Alternative Post-High School Options
We are pleased to announce that GRCHS is using a new college planning system called SCOIR. We have chosen SCOIR to help you navigate the college selection and application process because it is simply the best system available for discovering colleges that match your personal as well as academic interests.
You will receive an email invitation from SCOIR with a link to register your account. Once you create your account, you can immediately begin using SCOIR to search for and start building a list of colleges that interest you. You will be required to use SCOIR to request letters of recommendation from faculty and to request the sending of academic transcripts. Your parents will also have access to SCOIR to assist you in your college selection and to gain more insight about the cost of attendance at different colleges. The counseling office will be using SCOIR to communicate with you during your college planning process and to electronically deliver your application materials to colleges.
We are excited to be able to provide SCOIR to our students and families, and we feel confident that you will find it helpful and easy to use!
Did you know that approximately 60 colleges visit GRCHS each year?
- Not only are college representatives able to provide you with current, accurate information about the college and admissions policies, they are also a contact or link for you with admissions office.
- The representative with whom you talk will most likely be the same one who will process your application and be your advocate in the admissions process.
- The schedule of college rep visits is available on SCOIR and also posted in the Morning Announcements.
- Students wishing to meet with a college rep must sign-up using SCOIR for Business Lunch meetings or on the FOCUS app for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday FOCUS meetings.
Making a campus visit?
For details about scholarships, including qualifications, application information, and deadlines, click here.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is updated throughout the year as scholarship information becomes available. If you have any questions about scholarships or accessing information about scholarships, please call the Counseling Office at 616.574.5651.