Taking place the week following Spring Break, iXplore Week is an innovative, interim week of experiential and exploratory learning that promotes a sense of discovery, creativity, curiosity, connection, reflection, and responsibility.
Through a variety of experiences and opportunities to learn beyond the core curriculum, iXplore Week strives to deepen students' awareness of their own spiritual, intellectual and emotional growth as they develop and pursue new interests and passions.
Middle school students, grades five through eight, have an opportunity to choose classes or experiences. In addition, grade level students will engage in large group activities and simulations, infusing service learning and problem solving into the curriculum and preparing students to be informed, responsible, and involved servants and leaders.
Classes and experiences range from no cost to over $200 per student. We want every child to be able to participate! Financial aid is available to help with fees related to experiences during the week; simply contact Mr. Burgess for more information.
iXplore Registration Schedule:
- In October the iXplore Week registration form goes home. This form provides an opportunity for your child to select their top five choices for experiences/classes happening the following April.
- Middle school students are expected to get parent permission and parent agreement before selecting classes! Forms require a parent signature. Please make sure to review the registration form and make sure you sign off on the experiences/classes your child chooses.
- Each student’s first choice of an experience/class is not guaranteed. Students will receive one of their five choices.
- Classes and experiences are generally designed for seventh and eighth graders OR fifth and sixth graders. There are also many classes that are for fifth through eighth graders.
- Signed iXplore registration forms are due later in October. After the forms are received, your student will be assigned to an iXplore experience/class.
- What is iXplore week?
- Who are the iXplore instructors?
- How are students enrolled for iXplore classes?
- How do parents know which iXplore class or experience my child will have?
- What does the school day/week look like for students who aren’t traveling?
- Will hot lunch be served during iXplore week?
- Will there be GRCS & GRPS transportation during iXplore week?
- Will parents need to complete or sign any permission slips or forms for my child to participate in iXplore Week?
- What are the costs for the classes and/or experiences?
- Will my child’s medical needs be attended to?
- How can parents get involved or support the week?