Happy Election Day! Today is a big day for all of us US citizens. There is a great deal of anticipation and anxiety surrounding this election day, and I ask that you join me in praying for our country and our fellow citizens:
- Pray for the Spirit of God to fill all of our hearts and minds with his love and grace in a time we need it so badly.
- Pray for all of us to act in a way that unites and heals the divide that is present. We know we can be united with differences. May God bless us with the courage and patience to act in ways that are maybe hard, but bring about peace and unification.
- Pray for our candidates and their families as they are signing up for a job that is incredibly hard.
- Pray for the candidate who is elected. May they lead our country in a way that keeps our freedom intact.
- Pray for each other, that we may look to our Savior Jesus as our source of truth, our example on how to live and lead, and the one who is ultimately in control of our nation and this world. He is our King!
As we move through the days, weeks, and months ahead, I pray that you feel God’s peace more than ever. You are part of a community here at Grand Rapids Christian that exists to serve the Lord in partnership with you, so we can equip our incredible kids to be his disciples. Election results don’t change that. We are here to continue to partner with you every day. May God continue to bless our partnerships for our kids.