One of the important things people do to prepare for retirement is they reach out for advice from the experts. As you know, I'm retiring, so it makes sense that I too need good advice.
Monday morning, I got all the advice I need. When I came in, I found a bunch of banners hanging from the ceiling in my office. The banners are full of good advice from the 1st-grade kids about what I should do when I retire. Here are some samples:
- You should buy a swimming pool and a unicorn float.
- You should buy and wear poop emoji pajamas.
- You should try to get fit. (hey now!)
- You should drink beer and coffee and chug bug juice and wine.
- You should write a book with no pictures.
- You should lay on the couch, eat junk food, and watch TV.
- You should learn to play Fortnite.
- You should visit the Bahamas.
Friends, I like to say the principal has the best seat in the house. Where else can you get advice like this? Schools are wonder-filled because they are filled with kids, your kids. Our school is wonderful because your kids are surrounded by wonderful educators.
Thank you for sharing your kids with us. They are all a blessing, each and every one of them. Even the 1st grader that tells me I need to get fit.