Grand Rapids Christian Schools is pleased to be able to offer recreational programs for preschool through 8th grade. All Grand Rapids Christian, Rockford Christian, and the greater Grand Rapids community are welcome!
GR Christian Schools believes very strongly that all athletes regardless of sport or ability level should have fun and improve their skills through quality coaches and instruction. We see children as image bearers of Christ, living out the physical gifts with which God has blessed them. The goal of the Athletic and Recreation Department is to provide a Christ-centered, excellent athletic experience for all ability levels furthering each child's journey toward developing the full potential of his or her own gifts in God's Kingdom.
Sign up now for Winter and Spring Sports!
- Winter Recreation Programs
- Spring Recreation Programs
- GRCMS Winter Sports Sign Up
- RCS Winter Sports Sign Up
- Boys Lacrosse Open Gym
- Boys Lacrosse Stick Stringing Clinic
- Girls Lacrosse Refresher Clinic and Learn to Play
- Little Eagles Night Out
- Girls Lacrosse Cookies with Coaches
Join your fellow Lacrosse players at the All City Gym on Friday nights for Open Gym. Take advantage of the cold weather before your Spring Season starts and work on your fundamentals. If you are new or just testing Lacrosse out, this is a great opportunity for you to become more comfortable with the sport.
Varsity players will be participating, and it will be supervised by Head Varsity Coach Jeff Boyd.
Don’t be surprised if there’s pizza at the end!
- DATES: Fridays - December 14, January 11, 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15
- TIME: 5:30-7:00 pm
- LOCATION: GRCHS - All City Gym, 2300 Plymouth Ave SE
- GRADES: 3rd - 12th
New to Lacrosse or played for a few year, but can’t figure out why you don’t seem to be able to pass, catch and shoot like other players? It may be your pocket. Knowing how to take care of your stick and the pocket is key to playing the game well. Come to learn from the Stringing King – Cole Stenstrom and several former Eagle String Wizards most of who are playing in college now.
- DATES: Saturdays, January 12 & 19
- TIMES: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- LOCATION: GRC High School - The Garage
- COST: $20 (includes a new East Coast Hero Mesh 2.0 and all the sidewall and shooting strings.)
- GRADES: 5th - 12th
It’s time to think Lacrosse. We are registering for Spring Season now, which starts right after Spring Break. Join us to refresh or learn how to play lax just in time for spring
- DATE: Saturday, March 2
- TIMES: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- GRADES: 2nd - 8th grade
- COST: $65 (includes lunch - please note food allergies when registering)
- LOCATION: GRC High School - All City Gym, 2300 Plymouth Ave SE
- DEADLINE: February 9
This is an extremely popular fundraiser for the Varsity Boys Basketball program. Whether your child is involved in Youth Basketball or not, you may drop off your child for free babysitting. You could get Christmas shopping done or go out for Valentines Day. The Varsity Boys Basketball team will entertain your little one with movies, basketball, games and snacks. No registration needed. Sign in and out at the door.
- DATES: Saturdays, December 15 and February 9
- TIME: 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- WHO: Boys and Girls ages 5-12
- LOCATION: GRC High School Quest Center
- COST: FREE (suggested donation $10 per hour)
Join the fun of Lacrosse! Varsity Coach, Jeff Boyd is revamping GRCS Lax program from youth-high school. Play as a youth and be ready to play in high school. This year, If we do not have enough for a team, we will combine with GRACEAC. So come be an Eagle Lax’er!
- PRACTICE: March - May, 2 per week
- GAMES: April - May, 2 per week
- LOCATION: GRCHS - All City Gym, 2300 Plymouth Ave SE
- GRADES: 3rd - 8th (leagues 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, 7th/8th)
- EQUIPMENT: limited loader equipment available
- COST: $140
- PENNIE COST: $15
- DEADLINE: February 8
New 2 You fundraiser – to keep the costs down we have one fundraiser. Each family is requested to volunteer one time. 4 parents needed each Friday during the month of May from 4-7pm. 2 Males needed each night.
Students from surrounding schools are welcome.
For more information on our Girls Lacrosse, please contact Julie Roossien at Jroossien@grcs.org or Vicki Young at email@example.com or 516-7579. There will be a parent meeting for those who are signed up and thinking of signing up on January 24 at 7pm at GR Christian Middle School Library. All players need mouth guards (not clear), stick, and face mask. Cleats are recommended. Sticks are available to borrow for the season, upon request. Contact Sboender@grcs.org for availability. Stick deposit is $40 per stick, which will be returned when stick is returned. Masks must be ASTM3077 standard. Pennies are the same as 2018 – you may use last year’s pennie.
- DATES: Mid March - Late May
- PRACTICE SITES: GRC Elementary Iroquois Campus and/or GRC Middle School
- DEADLINE: February 15
- COST: $75 (plus $15 for pennie if needed)
- GAMES: 2 days per week
COST: $140 (plus $15 for pennie if needed)
GAMES: 3-4 days per week
- COST: $140 uniform included
- GAMES: 4 days per week
These are 5th-8th graders at Grand Rapids Christian Middle School. GRCMS Winter sports sign ups are closed. Please contact Mr. Broene at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
These are 5th-8th graders at Rockford Christian School. Winter sports sign ups are finished for the year. Please contact Mr. Nieboer at email@example.com with any questions
Information about our 2019 camps will be available in March 2019.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, but are limited by number, age, grade level and / or gender.