New 2 You is an upscale thrift shop with quality resale merchandise at affordable prices. Whether you’re a bargain-hunter, a parent of growing kids, a student on a budget, or just someone who likes to shop secondhand, you’ll find a constantly changing lineup of great finds.
New 2 You proudly supports Grand Rapids Christian Schools. Since it's founding, New 2 You has raised millions of dollars to reduce tuition costs and help keep high-quality Christian education affordable for all.
Dedicated volunteers have helped make New 2 You a huge success! When you share your time with New 2 You, you provide a great budget-friendly thrift shopping option for our community and you help keep Christian education affordable. There are many different ways you can help!
Join us once a month, once a week, or whenever your time allows. Our regular volunteers are the heart of our resale store, and there’s lots to do:
- Greet and assist customers with donations
- Sort and clean donated clothing and other items
- Price donated items
- Arrange displays
- Assist our customers at the checkout counter
- Pick up donations and deliver purchased furniture to customers
All parents accepting the New 2 You grant have agreed to work 3 hours at the store. Get your commitment out of the way by scheduling now! Click here to schedule your volunteer hours now.
If working in the store isn’t your cup of tea, there are many other ways you can use your gifts and skills to help New 2 You. Some of those include:
- New 2 You Redo: Upcycle an item commonly found at thrift stores and turn it into something wonderful (see our Upcycling Ideas for examples). Provide a sample and printable instructions of your final product and we’ll display your item and post it on Pinterest and Facebook!
- Furniture makeovers: pick up a piece of furniture, paint or refinish it, and return it to the store so we can sell it
- Posting unique items on Pinterest and social media
- Photographing items for promotions
- Testing and fixing donated electronics
The New 2 You store is located at 2929 29th Street SE in Grand Rapids, between Breton Rd. and Broadmoor Ave.
Next time you’re heading to the malls, try our thrift shop first and save big!