Hot Lunch Program
Grand Rapids Christian Middle School offers a hot lunch program that provides nutritious meals for our students to help them achieve academic success in school. Lunches include fresh fruit, whole grains, and vegetables. Hot lunch is available five days a week and an online payment system is available in order to speed up meal service to students.
Details of the program:
- We participate in the Child Nutrition Program, so free and reduced-price meals are available to eligible students.
- Applications can be picked up in the school office. Please return your application to the school office at GRCMS, located at 1875 Rosewood SE. If you are not interested in applying for free and reduced-priced meals, simply fill in your name and address and check the box: “I do not want to apply for free or reduced-price meals" and then return your application form to GRCMS.
- You will notice occasional references and links to Grand Rapids Public Schools Nutrition Center in "Nutrition Connection" - the news section of the menu. We partner with GRPS to bring students this lunch program.
- Hot lunch is available five days a week.
- Student lunches are $2.45; Adult lunches are $3.00; milk only is .50 cents.
- Hot lunch orders will be placed daily in the classrooms (5th-8th grade).
- Pay for your child's lunch through MyPayments Plus, a cashless system.
- Please make sure your child’s account through MyPayments Plus is set up and an initial deposit is made prior to the first day of school, September 7.
- Make pre-payments for hot lunch online by going to the MyPayments Plus website. Your child’s ID # is needed to set-up the account and may be obtained by emailing Sue Bylsma at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions regarding MyPayments Plus, there is an extensive "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ) section on their website.
- Our school-wide policy is: students with a zero account balance will not be able to receive hot lunch and no cash will be received during lunch service.
- There is a hot lunch supervisor at GRCMS, but assistance from parent volunteers will still be needed to assist in serving hot lunch to students.
If you have any questions about hot lunch or would like to volunteer to help serve hot lunch, please call Sue Bylsma at 616-574-6566 or email email@example.com.
Click the following links for more information:
MyPayments Plus offers you a convenient, easy, and secure way to make prepayments using your bank account or your Visa or MasterCard.